Health & wellbeing priorities
The Health and Wellbeing Strategy has identified five priority topics to deliver improvements in Healthy Life Expectancy and reduce inequality in Healthy Life Expectancy. The priority topics aim to:
- Reduce the number of people who smoke or use tobacco
- Reduce physical inactivity
- Reduce harms from alcohol
- Improve cancer prevention and screening
- Reduce the impact of poor mental health
Majority of data presented on the health and wellbeing priorities for Trafford are public health data collected prior to COVID-19. We are expecting to see significant changes in a number of indicators. Our major concern is that we will see an increase in inequalities between different areas and population groups. This section will be regularly updated as new data comes in.