- The West locality contains the wards of Bucklow-St Martins, Davyhulme East, Davyhulme West, Flixton and Urmston with an estimated population of 52,279 across the five wards (ONS, 2019).
- The age structure is predominantly older working age (ONS, 2019) with a low BAME population (ONS, 2011).
- The 5 wards have varying levels of deprivation, with about 17.6% of children living in poverty and 13.6% of people living in income deprived households in the locality (ONS, 2019).
- Health of the people of Trafford West Locality is worse compared with Trafford and England average.
- The rate of premature mortality in the locality is higher than that of Trafford and England.
- About 33.5% of Year 6 children are obese and overweight (NCMP, 2020).
- During the period 2012-2016 (latest available data) there were 45% more lung cancer cases in the West neighbourhood (applying age-sex-year-specific incidence rates for England to the ward population) (Local Health, 2016).
- During the period 2013/14- 2017/18, there were 10.3% more admissions for alcohol-related harm. The admission ratios across 3 wards (Davyhulme East, Davyhulme West and Flixton) were similar to the England average and were worse (statistically significant) for Urmston and Bucklow-St Martins (Local Health, 2018).
Detailed West Locality Profile can be found here.
This page was last modified on 09/02/2021 11:31:00