- The South locality contains the wards of Altrincham, Bowdon, Broadheath, Hale Barns, Hale Central, Timperley and Village with an estimated population of 79,917 across the seven wards (ONS, 2019).
- The South locality has an estimated population of 79,917 across the seven wards (ONS, 2019).
- Age structure of South locality is fairly similar to Trafford as a whole (ONS, 2019) and has a low BAME population (ONS, 2011).
- Least deprived locality in Trafford but has some pockets of deprivation e.g. in Village ward. This is reflected in the generally better than average health outcomes.
- Around 7.3% of children are living in poverty and 4.3% of children living in income deprived households (as a proportion of all children aged 0–15 years) (ONS, 2019).
- South experiences significantly fewer deaths than would be expected compared to England after adjusting for differences in age structure between South locality and England (Local Health, 2018).
Detailed South Locality Profile can be found here.
This page was last modified on 09/02/2021 11:31:00