- The Central locality contains the wards of Ashton upon Mersey, Brooklands, Sale Moor, St. Mary’s, and Priory with an estimated population of 55,876 (ONS, 2019).
- Similar to England and Trafford in age structure (ONS, 2019) with a low BAME population (ONS, 2011).
- Three of the five wards have low levels of deprivation, with about 11% of children living in poverty and 9.8% of people living in income deprived households in the locality (ONS, 2019).
- Health of the people of Trafford Central Locality is similar compared with Trafford and England average.
- The rate of premature mortality in the locality is similar to that of Trafford and England.
- The rate of alcohol-related hospital admissions are statistically similar compared with England average across all 5 wards (Local Health, 2018).
- About 28.9% of Year 6 children are obese and overweight (NCMP, 2020).
- The incidence of lung cancer (2012-2016) is statistically similar to the England average(Local Health, 2016).
Detailed Central Locality Profile can be found here.
This page was last modified on 09/02/2021 11:30:00